Here are two BIP drafts that specify a proposal for a Taproot
softfork. A number of ideas are included:
* Taproot to make all outputs and cooperative spends indistinguishable
* Merkle branches to hide the unexecuted branches in scripts.
* Schnorr signatures enable wallet software to use key
aggregation/thresholds within one input.
* Improvements to the signature hashing algorithm (including signing
all input amounts).
* Replacing OP_CHECKMULTISIG(VERIFY) with OP_CHECKSIGADD, to support
* Tagged hashing for domain separation (avoiding issues like
CVE-2012-2459 in Merkle trees).
* Extensibility through leaf versions, OP_SUCCESS opcodes, and
upgradable pubkey types.
The BIP drafts can be found here:
specifies the transaction input spending rules.
specifies the changes to Script inside such spends.
is the Schnorr signature proposal that was discussed earlier on this
list (See )
If you have learned something valuable, donate a couple sats to Max as a thank you note: 3Fe6dcwhkLnMo7c2FrkYduR5xJgo38dTTS
Support the show by buying bitcoin on
Listen to WCN Audio Podcasts:
Check out the brand new
Find out more about Max
Follow WCN on Twitter:
Follow Max on Twitter:
Contribute to Max’s Bachelor Thesis on Multi Signature in the Lightning Network:
Bitcoin to the Max:
Read Rothbard ~ Use Bitcoin:
Open Source Everything:
Breaking Bitcoin 2019:
Hackers Congress Paralelni Polis 2018:
Baltic Honeybadger 2018:
Understanding Bitcoin 2019:
Bitcoin-Dev Mailing List:
Nodl Personal Bitcoin Assistant:
Bisq Decentralized Exchange:
GPG + Yubikey:
Bitcoin Op Tech Newsletter:
The Ethics of Money Production:
What Has Government Done to Our Money? By Murray Rothbard:
Hayek Summer Workshop:
Anarchy in Money:
Lightning Network Multi Signatures: