In today's episode, I'm talking about my thoughts on this crypto bear market, the future of crypto, and 5 plans I have for 2019…
Like I said in my last market update video in August, I wasn't convinced that this bear market was over and I expected things to get a lot uglier before they got better.
As we've seen over the past few months, that's turned out to be true. Some crypto projects are starting to fail, and many more are strapped for capital due to Bitcoin and Ethereum prices falling 0ver 80% off the bubble's highs.
Last year I became very uncomfortable when Bitcoin's price went from $8k to $20k in a few weeks because I knew that was driven purely by speculation (e.g. the greater fool theory).
While it was "exciting" to see prices go up so fast (and everyone feeling like a genius), those of us that had been through prior market cycles knew how risky markets become when over-exuberant bullishness takes hold.
As most people understand today, cryptocurrencies are still the most volatile asset class on the planet! This means if someone is going to play in this space, they need to be comfortable with 90%+ drawdowns and have excellent emotional control so they stay on the right side of the market.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
– The 3 possible outcomes I see for Bitcoin over the next couple of years
– Why I'm excited for the future of crypto, especially Security Tokens
– How I'm stepping into a bigger role with a venture capital firm in 2019
– Why I've pulled back from actively trading altcoins during this market cycle
– The focus of my YouTube channel going forward
Links and resources:
– 5 phases of crypto market cycles:
– how to prepare for a crypto bear market:
– Harbor creates $20M STO
Connect with Chris:
– Check out my personal blog:
– Learn valuable skills from mentors:
– I'm not a financial advisor, attorney, or tax professional, and nothing I say is meant to be a recommendation to buy or sell any financial instrument. Do your own due diligence, and take 100% responsibility for your financial decisions.
– I will NEVER ask you to send me money to trade for you, directly buy or sell cryptocurrencies from you, or pump a specific market. Please report any suspicious emails or fake social media profiles claiming to be me. See this blog post for more info:
– Trading and investing is risky! Don't invest money you can't afford to lose, because many traders and investors lose money. There are no guarantees or certainties in trading.
– My videos may contain affiliate links to products I believe will add value to your life.
– Read the full disclaimer here: